Terms & Conditions
The Terms & Conditions of using the Royal Oxford Hotel Website
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions (the Terms) apply to all bookings made with the Royal Oxford Hotel whether at www.royaloxfordhotel.co.uk (the Website), or by telephone or otherwise.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you make your booking. These terms tell you who we are, and the terms of your booking.
Information About Us and How to Contact Us
- Who we are. We are Royal Oxford Partnership, a partnership established in England and Wales and trading as the Royal Oxford Hotel (the Hotel). Our address is Royal Oxford Hotel, Park End Street, Oxford OX1 1HR. Our registered VAT number is 750061958.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01865 248432 or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your booking.
- "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
Our Contract With You
Making a booking.
- By making a booking you are:
- confirming that you are authorised to do so on behalf of all persons named in the booking and you are acknowledging that all members of your party agree to be bound by these Terms; and
- agreeing that these Terms form the basis of your contract with the Hotel.
- When your booking has been made a confirmation will be sent to you by email using the email address that you have supplied. You should retain a copy of this confirmation for your reference. Booking confirmations are subject to the availability of accommodation at the Hotel.
- You should carefully check the details of your confirmation as soon as you receive it. You must contact the Hotel immediately if the details are incorrect or incomplete.
- We will always endeavour to rectify any inaccuracies or accommodate any alterations you wish to make to the booking. However, we cannot accept liability for any inaccuracies that are not brought to our attention within seven days of issuing your confirmation, nor can we accept responsibility for inaccurate information that you have supplied.
- By making a booking you are:
- Making a booking.
How to AMEND OR CANCEL A BOOKING within the cancellation period
- Amending a booking. You should notify us of any amendments to your confirmed booking by telephone or email (in accordance with paragraph 4.3) as soon as possible. Amendments are subject to availability and those made outside the cancellation period may be subject to cancellation charges.
- Cancellation period. The cancellation period depends on the number of rooms and nights booked and will always be made clear at the time a reservation is made and confirmed in writing.
Tell us you want to cancel a booking within the cancellation period. To cancel a booking with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Phone or email. Call customer services on 01865 248432 or email us at email@example.com . Please provide your name, home address, details of the booking and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Cancellations outside the cancellation period. On all confirmed bookings cancelled outside the specified cancellation period, there is a cancellation charge equivalent to the total costs of the first night`s booking charge. This includes non-arrivals or instances where you cannot provide proof of cancellation (cancellation confirmation or reference number) if requested to do so. Your credit or debit card will be charged a cancellation charge, equivalent to the total costs of the first nights booking value.
Our Rights to CANCEL A BOOKING
- In the unlikely event that the Hotel is unable to accommodate a confirmed reservation it may be necessary to offer an alternative of an equal or a superior standard. If at any time we need to make changes that will significantly affect your stay or we need to cancel your stay, we will tell you as soon as possible, offering a equivalent alternative. Please note that this does not apply and we are not obliged to offer any alternative where the changes are due to minor changes or events during your stay resulting from unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control.
- If a guest or a member of your party behaves in a way that causes or is likely to cause danger, upset or distress to a third party or hotel staff, or damage to hotel or guest property, we are entitled without prior notice to curtail your stay and request that the person(s) concerned leave the Hotel. No refunds or return travel assistance will be given and we will not pay or be liable for any losses, expenses or costs incurred as a result of such a curtailment.
- No guests of Hotel customers (not otherwise named on the booking) shall be permitted during the hours between 0.01hrs and 07.00hrs.
Price and Payment
- Where to find the price for the booking. The price of the booking (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the booking page when you make your booking. Your price is guaranteed once you receive a confirmation of booking number.
- A VAT invoice will be provided by the Hotel on departure.
When you must pay and how you must pay.
- All bookings made via the Website must be guaranteed by a credit or debit card - Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro or Delta. No deposit will be deducted from your credit or debit card at the time of booking unless otherwise agreed.
- As a measure of fraud prevention you will be required to enter the three digit Card Verification Value (CVV) printed on the back of your credit or debit card when making a booking online.
- A "Group Booking" requires a deposit of £200.00 on arrival. This deposit is creditable to your final account on checkout subject to no damage to property or disturbance to other Hotel guests in which case without prejudice to any other claim or remedy available to the Hotel, this deposit may be used to mitigate its losses, including but not limited to, in the following circumstances:
- where there has been damage to property the Hotel may use this deposit for the purpose of repairing or replacing the property at its sole discretion;
- where disturbance to other guests results, in a loss to the hotel, including without limitation, the requirement to refund other hotel guests.
- The Hotel reserves the right to request that a credit or debit card is pre-authorised for in Hotel purchases, on check in.
- Your account, including the price of your booking and any extra costs incurred during your stay (including but not limited to those set out below), less any deposit that is credited back to you, must be made to the Hotel when you checkout. Cash, credit or debit cards are welcome in settlement of your account. Cheques are an acceptable form of payment on check out only to the value of the guarantee value stated on the relevant cheque guarantee card. For cheques in excess of this value, three days notice to the Hotel of such payment is required.
- Unless stated as part of your booking, additional items such as (but not limited to) the costs of external telephone calls, meals, drinks, and items from the bar and travel expenses are not included in the price of your stay. If you incur any such additional costs these will be added to your account and you must settle the sum prior to your departure from the Hotel.
Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage Suffered By You
- Our liability. Without affecting any statutory consumer rights or other laws that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited, the Hotel will not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your booking, use of the Website or your stay at the Hotel even if caused or contributed to by the Hotel`s (or any employee of the Hotel€s) negligence, wrongful act or omission or breach of these Terms or breach of duty otherwise. Nothing however in these Terms shall exclude liability for death and personal injury to the extent that the claim is attributable to the acts or omissions of the Hotel or its employees.
- Circumstances beyond our control. We cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen circumstances beyond our control. These include (but are not limited to) adverse weather conditions, fire, riot, war, terrorist activity (or threat of such activity), industrial dispute, natural disaster, or injuries and death of an individual(s) through accidental circumstances unconnected with the Hotel. By making a booking you are accepting responsibility for any damage or loss caused by yours or a member of your party or a guest of yours. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid to the Hotel manager on demand. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made (together with our own and the other party€s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
Other Important Terms
- Checking in and checking out.
- Hotel rooms are available for check in from 15.00hrs on the date of arrival. Rooms must be vacated and you must check out by 11.00hrs on the day of departure, unless otherwise sanctioned at the discretion of the Hotel manager. Additional charges may apply. Room keys must be left at reception following check out/departure. If a room key is lost you will be charged £25 per lost key for its replacement.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your property is taken with you on your check out date. Where property is left at the Hotel after check-out and is found by an employee of the Hotel, the Hotel may retain the property, for up to 1 month after your check out date, after which the property shall be considered to be abandoned property and may be donated to a charity at the Hotels discretion. The Hotel accepts no liability with respect to loss of or damage to your property incurred during your stay or after the check out date.
- Smoking. The Hotel is a strictly non-smoking Hotel. Failure to comply with this policy will incur a charge of £100 to cover the cost of cleaning and/or repairing any area damaged by smoke, and the Hotel reserves the right to demand that the offender leaves the Hotel premises immediately.
- Use of accommodation. You shall not under any circumstances conduct any illegal activity in any accommodation at or on the premises of the Hotel, or store within any accommodation in or on the premises of the Hotel, any dangerous or illegal items or substances obtained or in your possession or anything specified as being prohibited in any written notice or list which may be issued from time to time by management of the Hotel.
- Parking. There is a public Pay and Display carpark, which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel (costs vary). Should you plan to travel by car please contact the hotel reception for directions and parking options.
- Taxes. All prices include value added tax (VAT) at 20%.
- Additional requests. All additional or special requests are subject to availability and we cannot guarantee the provisions for special requests. Any additional requests made should be prior to your arrival, giving reasonable advance notice.
- Pets. With the exception of guide dogs, no pets are permitted in the Hotel. Guests are liable for any loss or damage caused by their pet.
- Insurance. The Hotel has in place buildings and contents insurance in respect of its premises. You are responsible for such personal travel or business insurance cover for your belongings and activities as required.
- We may transfer this contract to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation without notice to you and at any time.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us only.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breach of this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Variation of contract. The Hotel reserves the right to amend or vary the arrangements and content featured on the Website and/or to change or amend, vary or add to these Terms at any time without prior notice. You will be notified of any changes to these Terms as made available on the Website. Please check the Website regularly for updates to these Terms.
- Copyright and trade marks. The Website includes the booking and other applications, text, graphics, designs, audio and video clips, Hotel information and all other content thereon are the property of the Hotel and/or its content suppliers. You may use the Website and its content solely for personal, non-commercial and private use subject always to applicable copyright laws. All trademarks, trade names, service marks and all other marks, whether registered or unregistered, on the Website are owned by or licenced to the Hotel and its respective owners and may not be used reproduced or modified without the prior written approval of the Hotel.
- Disclaimer. The Website, the services provided and all content thereon are supplied "as is" and "as available". The Hotel provides no guarantee regarding the Website and content. You are solely responsible for your use thereof. While we will make every effort to ensure that the information of the Website is accurate and published in good faith. Without affecting any statutory consumer rights that cannot lawfully by excluded or limited, the Hotel does not warrant the accuracy of the information displayed and disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by law all warranties expressed or implied by statute, custom or usage. The Hotel will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequently, punitive losses or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation and loss of, or damage to data), arising out of the Website or the use thereof or any services purchased from the Website, or any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the services or content provided howsoever caused.
- Which laws apply to this contract. The laws of England and Wales shall govern the contract and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Checking in and checking out.
Looking For A Fantastic Break? Look no further...View our special offers